501st Member
Full Name: Charles (Chad) McCallister
Legion ID#: 71670
Active Designations: TK
Units: Corellia
Legion Member Since: March 2021

Re: New too

Post by Standrex »

Ok... Just reread the thread about selling the kit as a Halloween costume... And read the previous comment about Anovos... Do I need to worry about them? What makes their products any better than another?
TeaJay
Staff
Staff
Full Name: TJ Jones
Legion ID#: 12864
Active Designations: TB, TD, TS, TI, TA, IC, ID, TX
Legion Member Since: Feb. 2016

Post by TeaJay »

Anovos and the other approved vendors from my previous post have shown reliability on their quality and accuracy of the costume. The thread that I linked regarding places to avoid almost always have sub-par quality armor that is not accurate to the film and/or have recasted other people's hard work and are essentially stealing from them.

There are a lot of issues with the maker-of-things armor regarding quality and the shaping of certain sections of the armor, not to mention that this specific vendor has blaitently stole another armor maker's work but making molds of their kit to resell on eBay.

As you progress through a TK build, you will learn of many subtle neuances to the armor. Without going into a long winded answer, various kits from the companies listed here can be approvable, some vary in size differences. So for example if you are a more slender build the Anovos kit is great, if you are more on the heavier side an AP kit isn't bad...

Some kit producers have longer wait time than others, etc. Anovos is a safe bet if that's what your looking into. With regards to height for their kit, I'm not sure. You could always contact them to ask, search the white armor forums to see if anyone else has asked, make a post on white armor (I'm sure someone will get back to fairly quickly), or perhaps someone here who has built an Anovos kit can chime in...

Commanding Officer, Web Liaison, and Webmaster

My Build Threads List

501st:
Active: ROTJ Scout, Sandtrooper, Snowtrooper, TIE Reserve, TIE Pilot: OT, Bridge Crew, ICAT Commander, Imperial Army Trooper - Andor, Warrant Officer, Imperial Security Services Officer
Retired: Darth Nihilus: KOTOR II, ANH Stunt TK
Rebel Legion:
Rebel Pilot (X-Wing), Snowspeeder Pilot
---

Spec Ops Detachment Trooper of the Month - Mar 2023
Standrex
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Standrex »

Ok... Just placed my order... I decided to go for broke again and got the soft kit, too. Not sure yet when its expected. Now... What kind of voice booster is recommended? Also have to order an E11... What else?
TeaJay
Staff
Staff

Post by TeaJay »

The AKER that fits best under your TK armor will be this: http://store.voicebooster.com/voiceboos ... amplifier/ If you would like to have the TK static burst effect, look into picking up an iComm: http://store.voicebooster.com/icomm-imp ... on-system/ Neither of these are required, but adds to the immersion.

E-11's are optional as well. There are various kits you can buy for E-11 blasters. Take a look through whitearmor's E-11 armory section: (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/116-blastech-e11/)

You can also look into a full hard rubber cast from Hyperfirm (HFx) (https://www.facebook.com/HFx-Production ... 386576227/); They can be a bit expensive but will not break if dropped, etc.

Regarding tools and supplies, you may want to wait until you get your kit, but checkout justjoseph63's checklist: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... -tk-build/ Some of these items may come with your your Anovos kit, like strapping, etc. However you may want to use your own rather than what Anovos supplies you with.

Now that you're awaiting your Anovos kit, the best thing to do before buying more supplies is research, research, research. Whitearmor.net will have everything you need. Just explore the forums. :)

If you have any more specific questions feel free to post them here.

My Build Threads List

501st:
Active: ROTJ Scout, Sandtrooper, Snowtrooper, TIE Reserve, TIE Pilot: OT, Bridge Crew, ICAT Commander, Imperial Army Trooper - Andor, Warrant Officer, Imperial Security Services Officer
Rebel Legion:
---

Standrex
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Standrex »

Thanks... I saw somewhere a list of things to buy like glue (ended up buying 3 or 4 different tubes of E6000... clear, black, and white), some elastic, velcro ( we have tons of black velcro-thin and thick at work... bought some white, too, just in case)... I downloaded and read the Anovos instructions. Are the lens "flat" or bubbled? I think I like the bubble lens look if its allowed (gotta research that).

My first order (the bad ebay armor) arrived today, but I havent opened it...
TeaJay
Staff
Staff

Post by TeaJay »

I'm not sure what your Anovos TK will include helmet wise, it is most likely the Stunt helmet. There are a few differences in the TKs worn by the stunt actors and the hero characters for up-close shots.

Flat lenses are for the Stunt TK builds: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost ... _anh_stunt
Bubble lenses (which are a pain to see through) are for the Hero TK builds: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost ... K_anh_hero

Believe it or not, they have two separate CRLs for the various differences.

The helmets have subtle differences in the frown with regards to teeth count. Also the Hero TK has more fasteners on their holster connection to their belt. These details are very important depending on the build you are doing.

Clear E6000 will be the main glue that you will need, the white could be used in some spots depending on if it matches the white of your armor. I don't recommend using the black E6000 unless you're doing a TX (Shadowtrooper).

My Build Threads List

501st:
Rebel Legion:
---

Standrex
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Standrex »

I just bought the iComm and voice booster... this will definitely be cool...
Darth Boyer
Staff
Staff
Full Name: Michel Boyer
Legion ID#: 9720
Active Designations: TS, TK, IC, ID, TI, IS, IG, IN, TX, TR
Legion Member Since: February 2010

Post by Darth Boyer »

Just checked and for some reason, my pm to you never went out. I have resent you a pm and once I hear back from you I will get you assigned to an adviser.

I purchased an anovos kit for my daughter and it is designed for a slimmer, under 5'10" individual. The biggest problem most folks have with the anovos seems to be the sizing of the thighs. You can add shims, but it is not the easiest process.
TS/TK/IC/ID/TI/IS/IG/IN/TX/TR/DZ/BH-9720
Still to complete:
TD (Sandtrooper); 50%
TB (ROTJ Biker Scout); 60%
TA (AT-AT driver) 25%
SL (Darth Tyranus AOTC) 60%
Standrex
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Standrex »

Just replied to your message. I went with the smallest they had of the soft suit. It should fit or be slightly bigger...
wvtrooper
Veteran
Veteran
Full Name: James Welsh
Legion ID#: 16555
Active Designations: IC, TI, TS

Post by wvtrooper »

Great job Chad, Thank you TJ. Please post up your build info now under your build thread. You have been assigned to me as your advisor. I have helped several folks with there TK builds and we have a lot of knowledgeable folks in the Garrison as well. Including TJ who has sent you several links to reputable suppliers.