Veteran
Veteran
Full Name: Steve Muncy
Legion ID#: 15006
Active Designations: TK
Units: Corellia

Greetings from Lewisburg

Post by SvdbyGrace »

Hi there! My name is Steve and I have been a Star Wars fan ever since my parents took me to see the originals when they came out, yep, I have a few years on me :D I was always a fan of the ANH Stormtroopers and last year after I saw one of my friends' awesome Batman cosplay, I was like, it's finally time for me to be a Stormtrooper! He told me about the 501st, so I looked it up and saw "Bad guys doing good" and the work with charities and I wanted to join and combine two things I like to do, help others and Star Wars! So I ordered an ANH Stormtrooper kit from AP, boots from Imperial Boots, all the soft items, blaster, and electronics with help from my good friend Josh and hopefully it will be in by mid-April to start putting it together.
In real life I work on the supply chain side of the power company, my wife and I attend Ronceverte Baptist Church, (I'm trying to talk her into a character also ;) ), and we enjoy helping with community events, camping, water parks, and gaming...I have gamertags on PSN and Xbox. Thanks and looking forward to trooping with you soon!
davoron
Staff
Staff
Full Name: David Voron
Legion ID#: 42061
Active Designations: IC DZ TI
Legion Member Since: 10/23/2022

Re: Greetings from Lewisburg

Post by davoron »

Welcome Steve, Glad to have you Cadet! You'll find Friendship, Cameraderie, Fun and be humbled when you make visits to hospitals to see children's smiles.😃

Dave
David Voron
DZ/IC/TI-42061
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Corellia
ImageImageImageImage
TeaJay
Staff
Staff
Full Name: TJ Jones
Legion ID#: 12864
Active Designations: TB, TD, TS, TI, TA, IC, ID, TX
Legion Member Since: Feb. 2016

Post by TeaJay »

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum! Our garrison, like many others, has a costume advisor program to aid new cadets in sourcing information and helping with the build process. I have been working with your friend Josh these last few days and I'd personally like to take you as my cadet to help you with answering questions, etc. with the build process; it just makes sense if we're all chatting and working through details for the same costume.

I have created a build thread for you here: viewtopic.php?p=10291#p10291

There you can ask questions about the costume, show progress updates, show off your kit when your armor arrives, etc...

Again, welcome!!
Looking forward to future discussions!!

Commanding Officer, Web Liaison, and Webmaster

My Build Threads List

501st:
Active: ROTJ Scout, Sandtrooper, Snowtrooper, TIE Reserve, TIE Pilot: OT, Bridge Crew, ICAT Commander, Imperial Army Trooper - Andor, Warrant Officer, Imperial Security Services Officer
Retired: Darth Nihilus: KOTOR II, ANH Stunt TK
Rebel Legion:
Rebel Pilot (X-Wing), Snowspeeder Pilot
---

Spec Ops Detachment Trooper of the Month - Mar 2023
Darth Boyer
Staff
Staff
Full Name: Michel Boyer
Legion ID#: 9720
Active Designations: TS, TK, IC, ID, TI, IS, IG, IN, TX, TR
Legion Member Since: February 2010

Post by Darth Boyer »

Glad to have you onboard. TJ is an excellent resource on building a TK. Looking forward to trooping with you in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TS/TK/IC/ID/TI/IS/IG/IN/TX/TR/DZ/BH-9720
Still to complete:
TD (Sandtrooper); 50%
TB (ROTJ Biker Scout); 60%
TA (AT-AT driver) 25%
SL (Darth Tyranus AOTC) 60%
SvdbyGrace
Veteran
Veteran
Full Name: Steve Muncy
Legion ID#: 15006

Post by SvdbyGrace »

Thanks for the welcome and glad to be here! TJ has provided me with some links in the build thread that are very helpful already, now if that armor kit would hurry up and arrive!! Oh the wait lol...and Dave, that sounds awesome! My wife and I are currently helping fill 10,000 Easter eggs for a free community Easter Egg hunt sponsored by our church that is going to be a blast! Thanks again, looking forward to fianlly being that stormtrooper and trooping with you in the near future!
TurdFerguson
Veteran
Veteran
Full Name: Josh Deem
Legion ID#: 20424
Legion Member Since: 3-25-2023

Post by TurdFerguson »

Hey bud, glad you joined. TJ has given me lots of good tips already. He'll help you out for sure. I think there will be a couple of troopers in Greenbrier Co. very soon. Then we'll have to work on getting these guys to troop a little further south. :)
TeaJay
Staff
Staff
Full Name: TJ Jones
Legion ID#: 12864
Active Designations: TB, TD, TS, TI, TA, IC, ID, TX
Legion Member Since: Feb. 2016

Post by TeaJay »

TurdFerguson wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:18 pm Hey bud, glad you joined. TJ has given me lots of good tips already. He'll help you out for sure. I think there will be a couple of troopers in Greenbrier Co. very soon. Then we'll have to work on getting these guys to troop a little further south. :)
We just need to get some event requests down there rolling in... :) It looks like we may have one around Glen Jean, WV -- north of Beckley... our event coordinators will be working with the folks that requested the event very soon; dates look like the summer time.

They'll have more info in the near future.

Commanding Officer, Web Liaison, and Webmaster

My Build Threads List

501st:
Active: ROTJ Scout, Sandtrooper, Snowtrooper, TIE Reserve, TIE Pilot: OT, Bridge Crew, ICAT Commander, Imperial Army Trooper - Andor, Warrant Officer, Imperial Security Services Officer
Retired: Darth Nihilus: KOTOR II, ANH Stunt TK
Rebel Legion:
Rebel Pilot (X-Wing), Snowspeeder Pilot
---

Spec Ops Detachment Trooper of the Month - Mar 2023
Schraeds
Staff
Staff
Full Name: Matt Schraeder
Legion ID#: 99920
Active Designations: TB, TK, ID

Post by Schraeds »

TurdFerguson wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:18 pm Hey bud, glad you joined. TJ has given me lots of good tips already. He'll help you out for sure. I think there will be a couple of troopers in Greenbrier Co. very soon. Then we'll have to work on getting these guys to troop a little further south. :)
We tend to get a decent number of events in the Charleston/Huntington area, so that isn't too far from you. Many members travel a lot for events. I've been to just about every corner of the state (Wheeling, Parkersburg, Charleston, Martinsburg, Morgantown).

We've had a few events in the Beckley area before. If you know of any events that you'd like to do around you, then let me know.
Matt Schraeder - "Darth Professor"
TB/TD/ID/SL-99920, Jedi
TurdFerguson
Veteran
Veteran
Full Name: Josh Deem
Legion ID#: 20424
Legion Member Since: 3-25-2023

Post by TurdFerguson »

Yea, thanks. We'll definitely keep an eye out for potential events in the area. Charleston isn't too bad for us except for the turnpike. It's only about 2 hours. Huntington is closer to 3 hours though which is almost as long as Morgantown for us. I think I prefer the drive to Morgantown. Steve and I live pretty close to each other and we are on the other side of Lewisburg, so it's a bit farther for us. Beckley is ideal since it's only about an hour. But yea, I would definitely like to travel for some troops when my schedule permits.
Adexi
Full Name: Lisa M Lagana Jones

Post by Adexi »

Welcome to the Garrison Steve!

You will love trooping! Kids of all ages absolutely love to engage with stormtroopers. We have some amazing women in the Legion and some special programs too, so if your wife enjoys Star Wars we would love to have her participate. I'm happy to chat with her anytime if she is interested.

I look forward to meeting you and seeing your costume progress.