Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Please introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Staff

SammiLee
Cadet
Cadet
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:12 pm
Full Name: Samantha Mayo
Units: Corellia
Contact:

Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by SammiLee » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Hey everyone from WV! My boyfriend got my son an ANH TK STUNT from Walt's, and when he changed his mind about building it I jumped at the opportunity! This is completely new for me with the exception of watching my boyfriend, Chad, build his. I have started some of the trimming, and am excited to move forward! Any tips or advice is welcome!

Standrex
Cadet
Cadet
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:03 am
Full Name: Charles (Chad) McCallister
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by Standrex » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Welcome...

User avatar
TeaJay
Staff
Staff
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Full Name: TJ Jones
Location: Morgantown, WV
Legion ID#: 12864
Active Designations: TB, TD, TS, TI, IC
Units: Corellia
Legion Member Since: Feb. 2016
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by TeaJay » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi Samantha! Welcome!! Building a TK kit can be tedious, but the end result is awesome and rewarding. I'm sure your son will love it once he has it on. There's a great crew of folks here if you run into any roadblocks and have questions!

Will you be making a costume for yourself as well? There's plenty of them out there, if plastic armor isn't for you, there's other cloth based options too! :)
Image

User avatar
JF1138
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Full Name: Joseph Farr
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Legion ID#: 12304
Active Designations: TI, IC
Units: Corellia
Legion Member Since: April 10, 2019
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by JF1138 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Welcome! I am also new, so I can say unequivocally that there are some great people here to help you. Glad you joined!
~Aliit ori'shya tal'din~
~Tave skystas zinot nie aikste stai, kash sis natura. Silpnuma leads kia slavery. Silpnuma leads kia visa kinds iv beda, physical ir mental. Silpnuma kash mirtis.~

Image

SammiLee
Cadet
Cadet
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:12 pm
Full Name: Samantha Mayo
Units: Corellia
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by SammiLee » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:06 pm

TeaJay wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi Samantha! Welcome!! Building a TK kit can be tedious, but the end result is awesome and rewarding. I'm sure your son will love it once he has it on. There's a great crew of folks here if you run into any roadblocks and have questions!

Will you be making a costume for yourself as well? There's plenty of them out there, if plastic armor isn't for you, there's other cloth based options too! :)
Hi! My son actually changed his mind so I am building it for myself😊

SammiLee
Cadet
Cadet
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:12 pm
Full Name: Samantha Mayo
Units: Corellia
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by SammiLee » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:08 pm

JF1138 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:02 pm
Welcome! I am also new, so I can say unequivocally that there are some great people here to help you. Glad you joined!
Thank you!

SammiLee
Cadet
Cadet
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:12 pm
Full Name: Samantha Mayo
Units: Corellia
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by SammiLee » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Standrex wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:40 pm
Welcome...
💜

User avatar
TeaJay
Staff
Staff
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Full Name: TJ Jones
Location: Morgantown, WV
Legion ID#: 12864
Active Designations: TB, TD, TS, TI, IC
Units: Corellia
Legion Member Since: Feb. 2016
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by TeaJay » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:40 pm

SammiLee wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:06 pm
TeaJay wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi Samantha! Welcome!! Building a TK kit can be tedious, but the end result is awesome and rewarding. I'm sure your son will love it once he has it on. There's a great crew of folks here if you run into any roadblocks and have questions!

Will you be making a costume for yourself as well? There's plenty of them out there, if plastic armor isn't for you, there's other cloth based options too! :)
Hi! My son actually changed his mind so I am building it for myself😊

Sorry, I mis-read that, whoops. Great to have you!
Image

SammiLee
Cadet
Cadet
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:12 pm
Full Name: Samantha Mayo
Units: Corellia
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by SammiLee » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:01 pm

No worries! Thank you!

Darth Boyer
Staff
Staff
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:47 pm
Full Name: Michel Boyer
Location: Morgantown
Legion ID#: 9720
Active Designations: TS, TK, IC, ID, TI, IS
Units: Corellia
Legion Member Since: February 2010
Contact:

Re: Hello from Berkeley Springs, WV!

Post by Darth Boyer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:45 am

It’s great to have you here. One of our GMLs will assign you to an advisor who will work with you through the whole process.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest