Please introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Staff

Kachina
Cadet
Cadet
Full Name: Shadera Lorrain

Greetings from eastern Kentucky!

Post by Kachina »

Hello all. My name's Shadera. I'm 45 and live near Paintsville, KY. Despite traveling across the world, I always come back to WV and would be way more comfortable trooping in WV than in my current KY. Most of my family lives in the Elkview area, and my fiance (Whom I'll be bringing into the group to join at some point I'm sure) is from Hurricane. A lot of the places you guys troop, I'm already familiar with. I'm an Army veteran, former long haul trucker, and a bunch of other things. I enjoy being a bird nerd, playing WoW, and of course, Star Wars. I've seen every movie including the original in theaters. I only recently discovered the 501st and am hoping to dive right in.

I'm thinking for a first costume, something (relatively) simple, like a tuskan raider, jawa, or tie pilot reservist. That way I can get started trooping while I work on my bigger build. From there, I would love to build something a lot more intricate. Imperial death trooper or Phasma. Would like to eventually have both costumes and then some. My job lends itself well to having long bouts of free time, and I enjoy tedious little details. I have a huge workshop that's ready to be scattered with projects!

I'll be attending the event in Parkersburg tomorrow, and am looking forward to meeting any of you that come.
Bahafir
Veteran
Veteran
Full Name: Travis Berry
Legion ID#: 23779
Active Designations: TI, IG, IC, DZ
Units: Corellia
Legion Member Since: 2019

Re: Greetings from eastern Kentucky!

Post by Bahafir »

Hello! My first approved costume was a TIE Reserve, it's a great choice for a first costume.
wilson5710
Staff
Staff
Full Name: Anthony D Wilson
Legion ID#: 23009
Active Designations: TI, IC, DZ
Legion Member Since: 2017

Post by wilson5710 »

Welcome to the madness! It was good to meet you at the armor party on the 13th and looking forward to trooping together. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.
Legion Commanding Officer - Rebel Legion
Garrison XO/GMBO
Galactic Academy Abraxas School Principal

Darth Boyer
Staff
Staff
Full Name: Michel Boyer
Legion ID#: 9720
Active Designations: TS, TK, IC, ID, TI, IS, IG, IN, TX, TR
Legion Member Since: February 2010

Post by Darth Boyer »

Welcome aboard. It was good meeting you last Saturday. Anything we can do to help. just let us know.
TS/TK/IC/ID/TI/IS/IG/IN/TX/TR/DZ/BH-9720
Still to complete:
TD (Sandtrooper); 50%
TB (ROTJ Biker Scout); 60%
TA (AT-AT driver) 25%
SL (Darth Tyranus AOTC) 60%
Kachina
Cadet
Cadet
Full Name: Shadera Lorrain

Post by Kachina »

Thanks for the welcome. You guys made me feel pretty at home last weekend. I really appreciated that. I'm in the process of pestering the crap out of Matt with questions, and researching where to get the parts for my TX. I hope to have the major stuff all ordered by the end of next week, so then it's a waiting game. I'm excited beyond what I can express to get started, but I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm looking forward to trooping with all of you and getting to know you.