Full Name: Lindsay Bertrand
Legion ID#: 33742
Active Designations: DZ
Units: Bluegrass
Legion Member Since: 01/30/19

Hello from KY.

Post by DocAphra »

Hello,

My name is Lindsay Bertrand and I am a member of Bluegrass Garrison, Corellian Base, and pending Blue Moon Clan Kentucky Star Wars clubs. I wanted to take a minute to say hi, and let yall know I will be visiting your territory in June of this year. I was invited by David Parry of Black Mountain Guard to join them in their invasion of HuntingtonCon. Since I will be at the convention I wanted to extend a hand to assist with trooping with you all also! In BGG I am Doctor Aphra, and I have started work on a Legacy Fem TK that should be completed by the time of the convention. In Rebel Legion, I have a Hero Rey and Admiral Holdo. Due to all the armor I'm not exactly sure what all kits I will be bringing.lol I do a pretty funny mash-up of Princess Leia as Flo from Progressive too.

While in town for the convention, I will be hopefully joined by some of our legion family up in Pennsylvania. Some of you may know Mike Hinton and his daughters. We have been discussing doing a photo shoot for some time now, of me as Aphra with his daughter in her Triple Zero kit. It's my hopes that they will also be able to attend so that we can do this, as well as photos of our Mandalorians together. Out of curiosity, are there any droid builders in your area that have a BT-1?

So yeah, in a nutshell, I'm coming to Huntington Con, I know nothing of local hotels or anything, I plan to troop the whole time with yall and Black Mountain Guard and hopefully get a couple cool photoshoots in before heading back to Kentucky!
TeaJay
Staff
Staff
Full Name: TJ Jones
Legion ID#: 12864
Active Designations: TB, TD, TS, TI, TA, IC, ID, TX
Units: Corellia
Legion Member Since: Feb. 2016

Re: Hello from KY.

Post by TeaJay »

Hi Lindsay! Welcome to the forum!

Is Huntington Con the same as HerdCon? I personally haven't had the chance to make it down that way, but it looks like a good time.

:)

Commanding Officer, Web Liaison, and Webmaster

My Build Threads List

501st:
Active: ROTJ Scout, Sandtrooper, Snowtrooper, TIE Reserve, TIE Pilot: OT, Bridge Crew, ICAT Commander, Imperial Army Trooper - Andor, Warrant Officer, Imperial Security Services Officer
Retired: Darth Nihilus: KOTOR II, ANH Stunt TK
Rebel Legion:
Rebel Pilot (X-Wing), Snowspeeder Pilot
---

Spec Ops Detachment Trooper of the Month - Mar 2023
Darth Boyer
Staff
Staff
Full Name: Michel Boyer
Legion ID#: 9720
Active Designations: TS, TK, IC, ID, TI, IS, IG, IN, TX, TR
Legion Member Since: February 2010

Post by Darth Boyer »

Glad to have you in the area and hoping to make it down there to troop with you this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TS/TK/IC/ID/TI/IS/IG/IN/TX/TR/DZ/BH-9720
Still to complete:
TD (Sandtrooper); 50%
TB (ROTJ Biker Scout); 60%
TA (AT-AT driver) 25%
SL (Darth Tyranus AOTC) 60%
Adexi
Full Name: Lisa M Lagana Jones

Post by Adexi »

Hi Lindsay!
Doc Aphra is a great character! I've really enjoyed her from the comics that I've read and I remember one that had BT-1 in it though I don't know of anyone in West Virginia with that particular droid.

I had not heard much about this event yet. However, since it is at the arena, you do have some options of where to stay, but I would book them early. There is a Marriott nearby that is pretty much next door walking distance as well as some close AirBnBs. Definitely check out Pullman Square, which is two blocks away from the arena. It has food options (I recommend Black Sheep Burritos) and there is also Starbucks coffee.

There are some sections of Huntington that would be good for photos if you like an urban grunge kind of background (old bricks, abandoned buildings, etc.) If you want something with woods, check out the Beech Fork Lake Wildlife Management Area.

I hope you have fun at the event! :D
DocAphra
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DocAphra »

TeaJay wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:51 pm Hi Lindsay! Welcome to the forum!

Is Huntington Con the same as HerdCon? I personally haven't had the chance to make it down that way, but it looks like a good time.

:)
http://www.lexingtoncomiccon.com/hctc/#

https://shows.map-dynamics.com/huntingtoncomiccon2020/

I've never been to Herdcon either, It's a first for me coming to WV. But this one looks like it's kinda patterned after out LCTC, Lexington Comic and Toy convention.
DocAphra
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DocAphra »

Darth Boyer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:04 pm Glad to have you in the area and hoping to make it down there to troop with you this summer.

What event are you planning on checking out this summer? The two Main conventions for Bluegrass is Lexcon in March, and Galaxycon in November. Last July I was down in Knoxville helping MidSouth at Fanboy Expo Knoxville. I live in the south east corner of KY bordering VA and TN so I'm kinda accessible to several states.
Darth Boyer
Staff
Staff
Full Name: Michel Boyer
Legion ID#: 9720
Active Designations: TS, TK, IC, ID, TI, IS, IG, IN, TX, TR
Legion Member Since: February 2010

Post by Darth Boyer »

Not sure yet. I know some of our folks have gone to Lexcon.

TS/TK/IC/ID/TI/IS/IG/IN/TX/TR/DZ/BH-9720
Still to complete:
TD (Sandtrooper); 50%
TB (ROTJ Biker Scout); 60%
TA (AT-AT driver) 25%
SL (Darth Tyranus AOTC) 60%
wilson5710
Staff
Staff
Full Name: Anthony D Wilson
Legion ID#: 23009
Active Designations: TI, IC, DZ
Legion Member Since: 2017

Post by wilson5710 »

Darth Boyer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:15 am Not sure yet. I know some of our folks have gone to Lexcon.

Every year I talk about going to Lexcon but I never seem to make it. Maybe this year will be different.
Legion Commanding Officer - Rebel Legion
Garrison XO/GMBO
Galactic Academy Abraxas School Principal

Standrex
501st Member
501st Member
Full Name: Charles (Chad) McCallister
Legion ID#: 71670
Active Designations: TK
Legion Member Since: March 2021

Post by Standrex »

Ild love to see a Dr Aphra costume! Unfortunately, I seriously doubt I'll be going to that event... Maybe, but that seems a bit of travelling....
DocAphra
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DocAphra »

Lexcon just keeps getting bigger every year, if I am not mistaken 2 Bluegrass Garrison 501st Honorary members are attending and the Star Wars guest list just keeps getting bigger. The top 3 at the moment is Warwick Davis, Joonas, and Ashley Eckstein. Where I live in south east KY, I travel all over for troops, it ain't nothing for me to drive 3 hours to Louisville, Elizabethtown, bowling green, or Florence to troop, eat post-troop dinner, go home and go to work the next day. lol